April 19-21, Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio
This year’s conference will address the cross-section of talent and machining capabilities in use by precision machining shops. Learn from a combination of professional speakers and leaders in the machining industry about the topics and issues you face every day. Participation in this conference will earn you credit toward PMPA’s Precision Machining Technology Credential. Here is what is in store for your team:
Metalcutting Technology Class
This workshop will provide insight on two core machining topics. The first part of the class will focus on what is important for successful turning. The second session will focus on the many aspects of milling that can influence success and productivity.
Cam/CNC Innovation Workshop
Excellence in screw machine technology and CNC turning requires thinking unique to each. This class is designed to help you understand how to apply best practices from each technology across platforms.
Gaining Confidence with GD&T
Nationally recognized GD&T trainer, Gary Griffith, will discuss each geometric characteristic and symbol and show what must be done to properly measure.
Bob Ash of Life Lessons was the highest rated speaker over the last five National Technical conferences. He will set the perfect tone for a successful conference by addressing our entire assembly with a positive and energetic keynote message.
Diane Thielfoldt of The Learning Café will review the information you need to know to embrace the unique offerings that the Millennial generation has to offer your company.
Ms. Thielfolt will let you know how to recruit, engage and retain this generation.
Sue Via of TechSolve will review how to set up an effective rapid improvement event program. Ms. Via will review effective reporting process steps and the importance of Gemba walks.
Sessions are targeted to three groups of personnel: Technical, Quality and Management. Samples of these “tracks” of programming include:
- Additive Manufacturing
- Using Technology to Bridge the Generation Gap
- Finish Issues: Coatings, Tooling and Geometry
- Trig is Easy: Practical Techniques for the Shop Floor
- Print Discussion Sessions
- Deburring: The Challenge of Burrs
- Fundamental Principles of Feature-Based Quoting
- ISO 9001:2015 – A Look Over the Horizon
- How to Conduct Rapid-Improvement Events
- Introduction to Red X Problem-Solving Strategies
- Teaching Buffalos to Fly Like Geese: Leadership and Teamwork
- Building an Effective Training Program
- How to Deal with the Skilled Training Issue