Production Machining’s April 2021 News Highlights
Industry edges its way back to near normal with the in-person Deburring Expo planned for Oct. 12-14, 2021, in Karlsruhe, Germany. Other news includes Zeiss’ Facility Engineering Award, Seco Tools’ virtual showcase for precision medical manufacturing, FANUC’s online cobot training and more.
The Deburring Expo will feature deburring technology and precision surface finishing.
The Deburring Expo in-person event is Oct. 12-14, 2021, at the Karlsruhe Exhibition Center in Karlsruhe, Germany. The event will feature the fields of deburring technology and precision surface finishing with themed areas, including “Cleaning After Deburring,” “Automated Deburring with Industrial Robots” and “AM Parts Finishing.”
The event will provide a complete overview of current developments and trends, processes and methods, quality assurance and services, and practical solutions. Issues such as deburring, edge rounding and the production of precision surface finishes will be covered as will stricter and changing cleaning requirements during production and reconditioning of products.
Read more about the Deburring Expo.
Here are more news highlights:
- Zeiss Receives Engineering Award for Quality Excellence Center — Zeiss Industrial Quality Solutions’ new Quality Excellence Center in Wixom, Michigan, has been honored by the American Council of Engineering Companies of Michigan (ACEC/M) with an Engineering Honorable Conceptor Award in the 2021 Engineering & Surveying Excellence Awards Competition.
- Virtual Event Showcases Best Practices in Precision Medical Manufacturing — Seco Tools and industry partners are hosting the annual “Inspiration Through Innovation” (ITI) as a virtual event April 21 and 22, focusing on best practices in precision medical manufacturing.
- FANUC Website for Crx Cobot Features Online Training Modules — FANUC America, a supplier of CNCs, robotics and Robomachines, has launched an e-learning website to educate manufacturers about its CRX collaborative robot. The site provides online training modules, a deep dive into a range of peripheral device and tooling partners, and the latest product information about its CRX cobot lineup.
- Methods Machine Tools Moves Chicago Technical Center to Larger Facility — Methods Machine Tools, a supplier of CNC machine tools, has moved its Chicago Technical Center from Elgin to a larger facility in Gilberts, Illinois. All contact information, including telephone numbers and phone extensions, remains the same.
- Tsugami Partners with CNC Zilla in Mid-Atlantic Region — Tsugami/Rem Sales LLC, an exclusive North American importer of Tsugami machine tools, is launching a distributor partnership with the CNC Zilla Co. Swiss machine users in the Mid-Atlantic region can now receive dedicated local support and service for Tsugami machine tools.
- Marc Desrayaud Named Mikron Group CEO — Mikron Group has named Marc Desrayaud CEO, effective June 1, 2021. Desrayaud earned a master’s degree in electronic/electrotechnic and industrial computers from the Université de Lyon. During his professional career, he has worked for a variety of Swiss companies in management positions.
- Hardinge Expands Senior Management Team —Hardinge Inc., an international provider of advanced metal-cutting and material-cutting tool solutions and accessories, expands its management team, naming Chandra Urs as COO, Tina Mashiko as CFO, Brent Bruggeman as CIO and Stephen Nunn as vice president of corporate development.
If you would like to learn more about the latest news, product technology and operational best practices in the precision machining industry, consider subscribing to Production Machining's free monthly print magazine.