Quick Setup Multi-Spindle Machines Offer Production Flexibility, Speed
Gnutti explains how its models of multi-spindle machines can work with a variety of material types while offering faster setups and cycle times compared to conventional multi-spindle models.
In this Digital Demo, Gnutti explains three primary advantages of its models compared to conventional multi-spindle designs. These include:
Features enabling quicker setups and more flexibility:
- Bar feeder — For different diameters, the only adjustments needed are the center of the bar and the bar pusher (there are no channels).
- Collets — The machines can be fitted with self-centering jaws (quick-change) or standard quick-change collets from Hainbuch.
- Tools — Spindle units have standard ISO or HSK tapers, so all the tools are presettable outside the machine. Capto turning tools are also available.
- Full CNC axes — All the axes are FANUC CNC, so all are programmable and adjustable with offsets.
- Standard 2-inch bar capacity — Machines can be configured to handle bigger parts that a conventional multi-spindle can’t handle.
Faster cycle time:
- It is possible to better split the cycle time between machining stations and not worry about backworking operations by using as many as nine stations for each side of a part.
- There is no bar spinning, so machines can achieve higher rpm even with bigger parts (or shaped bars) because there aren’t multiple bars spinning simultaneously.
- Machines can use oil or water-soluble coolants depending on the application.