SUR/FIN 2021 Seeks Speakers: Abstracts Due Dec. 11, 2020
SUR/FIN’s NASF Technology Advisory Committee is seeking speakers who can talk about new processes or equipment that provide significantly improved results or performance.
The National Association for Surface Finishers (NASF) is accepting technical paper and presentation abstracts for SUR/FIN 2021, North America’s leading event for surface finishing, which is scheduled to take place July 13-15, 2021, in Detroit, Michigan.
The SUR/FIN Technology Advisory Committee is seeking experts from around the world to give informative presentations about their latest experiences with surface engineering and finishing technologies that are impacting business and what is on the horizon for tomorrow. The deadline to submit abstracts is Dec. 11, 2020.
“Finishing professionals from all specialties turn to SUR/FIN to solve their product, process and business challenges,” says Brad Durkin, chairman of the NASF Technology Advisory Committee. “As such, we’re calling on thought leaders in the finishing industry to share their expertise and knowledge base to help the current and next generation of industrial finishers improve, compete and succeed.”
Possible speakers include companies that are involved with new processes or equipment that provide significantly improved results or performance. Those involved in academia, production, engineering, R&D and testing, or evaluations in coatings or surface treatments are encouraged to present their results and conclusions.
Topic categories include:
- Technology Responses to REACH/Regulations
- Advances in Surface Finishing Technology
- Technologies for Improved Performance or Increased Efficiency
- Light Materials – Treatments Optimizing Performance
- General Surface Finishing
- Electronics Surface Finishing
- Advances & New Trends in Surface Finishes/Engineering
- Advances in Research
- Plating on Plastics/Decorative Technology
- Zinc/Alloys/High Performance & Passivation Systems
- Corrosion or Wear Deposits/Coatings
- Managing Water Usage/Waste Management Minimization
- Innovative Best Practices for Performance and Efficiency
- Performance Solutions Impacting Today and the Future
- Perspectives Connecting Finishers
SUR/FIN is organized by NASF. The event provides a venue to explore existing and state-of-the-art technology with suppliers, OEMs and applicators for gaining insight toward improving surface finishing operations.