Production Machining's February 2021 News Highlights
Esprit launches on-demand learning center, TIMTOS plans hybrid event, GWS acquires Taurus Tool & Engineering, and other industry news.
The Esprit Learning Center offers on-demand, self-paced training courses created specifically for Esprit CAM programmers.
Esprit, a provider of CAM software for CNC programming, optimization and simulation, launched an on-demand training platform, the Esprit Learning Center. Traditionally, Esprit’s applications engineers lead in-person trainings in Esprit offices and on-site at customer facilities. Unfortunately, not everyone who needs software training has the resources to travel to an Esprit office.
To support customers throughout the pandemic, Esprit began conducting instructor-led, online training sessions in early 2020. According to the company, the response was overwhelmingly positive. To further satisfy users’ growing need for high-quality online training, Esprit created the Esprit Learning Center. Read more about this online learning platform.
Here are more news highlights:
- TIMTOS 2021 Hybrid Includes 6,000 Booths, 1,000 Online Exhibitors - The 28th Taipei International Machine Tool Show (TIMTOS) 2021 Hybrid trade fair for the worldwide machinery industry will be held as both a virtual and physical trade show March 15-20, 2021. It will be physically held at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center Hall 1, Hall 2 and the World Trade Center Exhibition Hall 1, with nearly 6,000 booths, while its virtual exhibition includes up to 1,000 exhibitors.
- GWS Tool Group Acquires Taurus Tool & Engineering - The acquisition enhances GWS’ product portfolio and capabilities in the area of custom high-speed steel tooling and custom thread-on modular tooling, while adding additional capacity for complex carbide hole making and milling tools.
- Camfil Building Manufacturing Facility in Arkansas - Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) — a manufacturer of industrial dust, fume and mist collection systems — is constructing a new manufacturing facility in Jonesboro, Arkansas, to replace building that was destroyed by a tornado in March 2020.
- Up! Network Wins Manufacturing Mobile App Award - The Up! Network has been awarded a MobileWebAward from the Web Marketing Association (WMA), winning the Best Manufacturing Mobile Application award in the “Best of Industry” category.
- CNC Indexing & Feeding Technologies Partners with Röhm Products of America - CNC Indexing will be Röhm’s manufacturing representative in Ohio, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York state.
- Hardinge Reshores Manufacturing Capacity - Hardinge Inc., a provider of advanced metal cutting and material cutting tool solutions and accessories, is shifting the manufacturing of its milling and turning machining center solutions from the Hardinge Taiwan plant to its plant in Elmira, New York.
If you would like to learn more about the latest news, product technology and operational best practices in the precision machining industry, consider subscribing to Production Machining's free monthly print magazine.