Alro Steel Opens Larger Oshkosh Facility
New location nearly triples the company’s operating size.
Alro Steel opened a new facility at 3970 Poberezny Road in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The 194,000-square-foot facility replaces the company’s former 66,000-square-foot location at 43 E. Tenth Avenue in Oshkosh.
In addition to expanded product offerings, the larger Oshkosh location added new processing capabilities and equipment, including shearing, large-capacity saw cutting and shot blasting for material up to 60 inches wide, as well as new automated equipment to clean and prepare flame and plasma cut parts for shipment. The expanded inventory and processing services allow the Oshkosh facility to focus on cut-to-size metals and next-day delivery to Wisconsin customers.
Alro Steel was founded in 1948 by brothers Al and Robert Glick. The company is a distributor of metals, industrial supplies and engineering plastics. Alro is focused on offering cut-to-size metals and plastics with next-day delivery to 25,000 customers in North America. Alro operates over 70 locations in 12 states and provides an inventory of products under the following companies: Alro Steel, Alro Metals, Alro Metals Outlet, Alro Industrial Supply and Alro Plastics.